BOF (Birds of a Feather) Sessions
What is a BOF Session?
Birds of a Feather sessions (or BOFs) are informal gatherings of like-minded individuals who wish to discuss a certain topic without a pre-planned agenda. BOFs allow groups to meet and discuss issues relating to regular conference sessions and talk out common problems facing the community.
Have fun and learn! BOFs exist to provide attendees with an inclusive, informal environment in which to share ideas freely. BOFs can be serious, and a great way to gather the people you’ve been working remotely with on a project in a space to deep dive on a topic, but they can also be fun as well. Knitting BOF? Why not!
Due to the broad interest in these events, we ask that you post no more than 2 BOFs per person.
How to Run a Successful BOF
- Be respectful of scheduled BOFs
- Encourage participation from attendees and get everyone's input
- Split the group if your BOF gets too big so everyone can be heard
- Collaborate with BOF owners if you want to propose similar topics
- Ask a speaker to mention your BOF if the topics are complimentary to raise awareness
Content source: Drupal.org